Over at Blowing My Thought Wad, I was tagged by Good Dog to reveal six things of no real importance about myself. These are the rules of this particular tag game and I can tell you now, I’m going to break one of them…
(A) Put the link of the person who tagged you on your blog.
(B) Write the rules.
(C) Mention six things or habits of no real importance about yourself.
(D) Tag six people adding their links directly.
It’s the last one that’s a problem, and one of the reasons why I’ve been dithering over this since March; I still feel like something of a newcomer to ‘the blogosphere’ and every blogger I read seems to have been through this already. If I don’t know for sure that they have, then I’m guessing they have and I’ve missed it. If you’re one of them and I’m wrong, well… take it as a compliment. I’m just assuming you’re that popular.
1. I can’t ride a bike.
2. The first recognition I ever got for writing was an award from the Temperance Society for an essay on the evils of drink.
3. I dislike onions, vinegar, and coffee.
4. I’ve visited 24 of the United States and filled in one of those online maps so I could see them all.
5. I’ve never watched or listened to any interview I’ve done for TV or radio.
6. According to my parents, when I was five I had a crush on Petula Clark.
So there you go. Inept, hypocritical, high-maintenance, smug, insecure, and riddled with unfulfilled longing.
Sounds about right.